top of page

Fitness Freaks

Public·75 members

Shawn Clayton
Shawn Clayton

How To Buy A Used Macbook

Every Mac, regardless of model or age, will eventually become obsolete. That means it will no longer be supported by Apple, and you won't be able to install OS updates and security patches. For a used Mac to be a good value, you want one that puts that obsolescence date as far in the future as possible. It's a good idea to not invest in a used Mac that is more than three years old, because Apple tends to support its computers for about six years. Also, keep in mind that Apple is moving away from Intel processors. As Macs with Intel chips are phased out in favor of Apple's own silicon, your used Intel-based Mac may start to encounter obsolescence sooner than you expect.

how to buy a used macbook

My suggestion is that you contact the seller and either have him tell you what the password is and also if he used the proper steps outlined in this article preparing the device for sale or I'd demand a refund.

Refurbished, on the other hand, falls between new and used. Refurbished MacBooks are in used condition, but only after thorough inspection, addressal of all issues, and repackaging, they are sold at a lower price.

I have used Other World Computing for upgrading my MacBook Pro. They sell various upgrade kits for Macs and more. However, if you go to their e-shop, you can find many refurbished MacBooks. Every refurbished Mac they sell is fully inspected and certified by expert technicians. These computers are reliable and function at their peak performance.

Many of the above-listed sites also sell used MacBooks. (I already told you about the difference between used and refurbished.) Similarly, if you are looking for used devices, you can search for them on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Olx, Quickr, and other e-marketplaces in your area. You may even get these from physical local computer shops.

We make it easy to buy used MacBooks and other used electronics online. You can order through our secure website and get a quality used MacBook shipped straight to your door. If you get your computer and change your mind, no worries.

Check out Apple's Certified Refurbished website for refurbished Mac minis, iMacs, and more. Apple also explains what goes into its refurbished Macs. Other sources for used Macs include the Mac of All Trades website, the Other World Computing sales website, and the Amazon Renewed storefront.

This laptop is still a good choice if you need an expansive screen, want to run Windows apps on your Mac, need the fastest MacBook with Intel processors, or need a laptop that can be used with as many as four external 4K monitors.

Buying a used Macbook is very different than the purchase of a used Windows PC. While many people refresh their PCs and Windows-based laptops on a regular basis, Mac Fans are typically slow with their upgrades. Macs and particularly, MacBooks, are built sturdier, and the high quality of these machines is hardly a point that needs discussion or debate.

The other online retailer with a strong reputation in the Mac business is Powermax. Check their site out for some good deals. They carry a pretty decent inventory when it comes to used Macs and Macbook. There is also Mac Mall and Mac of All Trades. We have also tried Small Dog Electronics in the past and like their customer service.

We hope that the pointers provided in this article serve as a good starting point for you to explore before you get yourself that sweet deal on a used Macbook. And remember, if the seller can not furnish you with the original receipt or the packaging of the MacBook with the serial number on it, that speaks volumes of the condition of the MacBook.

When buying a used MacBook from a 3rd party, does the serial number need to be transferred? How can I make sure that the purchase is tracked by Apple in case I run into any future issues and need to take it in for service?

Thank you for this article. I am planning to buy a used MacBook for photoshop and sketchup and surfing. What do you recommend should I buy that will still be viable say 2-3 years from now? I hope you can help me as I cannot afford the newer Macbooks. Thank you!

Plus, buying a used PC cuts down on electronic waste. You rescue an old but functional computer from getting thrown in the trash, and you avoid buying a cheap PC that will wear out and be disposed of in a few years.

The three most important things to look for in a used PC are its physical condition (especially for laptops, which move around more and take more punishment), its make and model number, and its specifications.

Buying a refurbished Mac is different than buying a used, resold one. With the latter, owners are simply reselling their Mac with any existing problems it may have. Think of this scenario as buying a used car from a stranger. You really don't know what you're getting into problem-wise until you fire it up and after your wallet is drained.

Refurbished is different. The Mac is still pre-owned, but it was returned to a professional because of an issue or traded in for a newer model. Any malfunctioning parts are replaced, the product is tested to ensure everything works, and it's repackaged for resale. Think of this scenario as buying a used car from a dealership.

Other World Computing: OWC specializes in used computers and tends to shy away from smaller Apple devices. The good news is the company has a great reputation and its prices are generally lower than that of Apple's, plus there's a two-week return policy.

PowerMax: PowerMax is a Premier Partner with Apple for Macs, iPads, and iPhones, and it provides a 120-day warranty for used Macs. The site is harder to navigate and use than something like the Apple Refurbished Store, though, so some patience is required.

While new and refurbished Mac systems come with a one-year warranty and 90-days of free technical support, this likely will not be the case with a used system, so if you buy one you will need to be sure it is working properly.

First, be sure you have an option to test the system before you purchase it, or at least have the ability to return it if there is a problem. Also be sure the system comes with its recovery DVDs (these should be gray discs that were shipped with the system), especially if the system did not originally ship with OS X Lion. These discs contain a hardware test that should be run on any used system you are considering buying, and also contain the OS version that shipped with the systems and should be kept with them.

The safest place to buy a used Apple computer is from Apple itself. Go to apple.com/shop/refurbished and browse their catalog of certified refurbished desktops, laptops, iPads, iPods, iPhones, watches, HomePods and Apple TVs.

This online community is for buying and selling used electronics of all kinds. This includes various models of the MacBook Air. Swappa is organized in a very straightforward way, so you can easily find the specific MacBook Air you want and who's selling it. It's an entirely user-focused experience, so you deal directly with the seller. Additionally, when compared to marketplaces like eBay, it has lower fees. This means you should end up paying less when making your purchase.

Back Market specializes in selling refurbished and used items, including the MacBook Air. There's a fairly wide variety of models here, dating a few years back, but you can also find the 2020 Apple M1 version. Laptops here are tested to make sure everything is working properly, including all the components you'd expect to be fully functional. Plus, Back Market offers a 12-month warranty and money-back returns within 30 days.

Like Back Market, IWM is a website focused on selling used devices, and the MacBook Air is one of the options you can find. The conditions are also similar, with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty on the product. IWM also claims a thorough inspection of the devices to make sure they're usable, though you may find different conditions for each device.

If you're OK with going further back in time, Mac of all trades is a dedicated website for used and refurbished Apple products. Of course, refurbished MacBook Air models are included, and there are even models with the Apple M2 chip. And if you want an older MacBook Air for even cheaper, it's a valid option as well. Like other websites, devices are certified refurbished, and you get a one-year warranty.

The best used 13 inch MacBook Air is Mid 2013 (i7-4650U @ 1.7 GHz). The best used 11 inch MacBook Air is Mid 2012 (i7-3667U @ 2.0 GHz). The best used 13 inch MacBook Pro is Early 2015 (i7-5557U @ 3.1 GHz). The best used 15 inch MacBook Pro is Mid 2014 (i7-4980HQ @ 2.8 GHz).

Used MacBook is the one that was used by someone earlier. The refurbished MacBook is a used MacBook which was tested and cleaned by a seller (or a manufacturer). Usually, refurbished MacBooks come with a limited 30-day warranty, and the seller agrees to replace or refund in case problems were found during that period. Used products are sold as-is.

I know a lot of examples when people used MacBooks for longer than ten years and were happy with their laptops. And if it is reasonable to assume that an average MacBook (Air or Pro) can last for ten years, you can decide which used laptop is right for you.

Mechanical parts tend sich as fans or HDDs tend to break down over time. However, things like SSD, RAM, and CPU should perform as well as they used to 10 years ago. Fortunately, the latest MacBooks have minimal mechanical parts, so in theory, they should be fine.

It may not be intuitive, but sometimes a new MacBook may be cheaper than a refurbished one. Before buying a used MacBook I suggest learning about different tips on saving on new MacBooks from my previous post:

With lucrative discounts on e-commerce websites, buyers in India are automatically attracted to buying Apple MacBooks online. Whether opting for a brand new MacBook or any refurbished model, it is imperative that you check the condition of the device that you are going to buy. This is because you can never be sure whether the MacBook you are buying is truly new or not. Also, if you are buying a second-hand MacBook or a refurbished one, you can never be sure of how old it is and the exact condition of the device that you are buying. This guide aims help you verify the authenticity of the MacBook that you are going to buy and the exact condition of the device if you buying an used one. Here are 21 things to know and check when you buy a MacBook, MacBook Pro or Air online or a refurbished one. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup

+91-6265001056

AIC@36Inc, 3rd Floor, City Center Mall, Pandri, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492004, India

• Google Places
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube

©2022 by Interestopedia India Private Limited

bottom of page