Let your interest be your identity
74% of marketing executives recognize that marketing organizations face a critical talent shortage due to a lack of digital skills. In other words, there’s a huge gap in what they need to know and what they actually know. To cope, nearly half of the executives said they’ll focus more on recruitment; 40% said they’ll focus equally on recruitment and reskilling of their existing workforce.
This represents a huge opportunity. Mastering the skills now will prepare you for that future. Here are some of the emerging skills you’ll need to master to be ready.
• Ability to analyse data and draw insights.
• Organization and project management skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of automation.
• UX skills and an understanding of the customer experience.
• Advanced social media knowledge.